Food cooperatives face a unique challenge in today’s political and economic climate. While the grocery industry has become ever more consolidated, corrupt, and centralized, consumers also have more choices than ever for organic, local, and natural foods that have long … Read More
Bolsa de Trabajo
- Canvasser, Brooklyn Movement Center
- Spanish-Speaking Training Project Associate, UHAB
- Individual Giving Manager, New Economy Coalition
- Operations and Contracts Director, Democracy at Work Institute
- Cooperative Developer, Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation
- Posiciones Varias, Bronx Cooperative Development Initiative
- Senior Policy Analyst: Economic Democracy, Demos
Echa un Vistazo a Nuestros Eventos Próximos
For three years, CEANYC ran the Solidarity Economy Giving Project (SEGP) — a unique philanthropy initiative that raised over $150,000 to directly support our local cooperative efforts. SEGP reaffirmed the crucial role Solidarity Economy groups play for low-income and communities of … Read More
by Cheyenna Layne Weber and Ali Issa [This piece was submitted in November, 2020 and originally published early January, 2021 in the Japanese-language magazine Social Movements, in collaboration with The Seikatsu Club Consumers’ Co-operative Union (Seikatsu.) Founded in 1965, Seikatsu is a … Read More
Participa en la Alianza de la Economía Cooperativa
Membership gives you access to our network of 200+ NYC-based coops. You can learn from individuals, attend workshops, and contribute to the larger cooperative economy.
Donations helps us provide more training, technology, and expertise to our organizations and helps us facilitate inter-coop collaboration
Most drives, workshops, and events are run entirely by our volunteers. If you're interested in the solidarity economy, this is the fastest way to learn and help.